Friday, November 27, 2009

This Thanksgiving

"Paying attention to those who disagree with us and taking them seriously, even if we're pretty sure we'll still disagree, is part of what it means to be in the body of Christ. It's humbling; it sanctifies." -Abraham Piper
I feel like this quote somewhat describes my experience in Unity in Christ so far. Humbling. Yet sanctifying. Because I see how uniquely God uses each ministry and person, I can no longer stick my head up in the sky and say I "understand" God and Christianity. It's hard not to appreciate a space of such diversity and passion.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I sure did. I spent it with people from my church because I didn't go home (Georgia). I was reminded of how amazing it is when a group of people who love Jesus Christ comes together, though individuals may not all know each other well. There is so much LOVE and REALNESS there! And that is what Unity in Christ is all about.

I am so thankful for UiC. Thank you guys for your dedication and prayers. Thank you for being gracious with me and Justin. I thank God that he has placed each one of you, your passions and experiences to this intersection where we can strive to understand God's heart for his people together. God is amazing and he will do AMAZING things here in Berkeley. Do you believe it? Let's continue running the race by continually seeking God on our own and when we come together as a body. Praise God for he is good. Praise God for he is gracious. Praise God for he sustains us. Praise God for who he is, our King, Savior, Friend! He will make his name known, and believe it or not we are part of that amazing process.

<3, Sarah

-----

This Battle is Not Yours - Yolanda Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment