Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Greater is HE who in YOU than he that is in the world

Hi guys, this is Joseph and I just wanted to first say you guys are AWESOME!!

Ok now that's been said I'll just share a quick testimony of Jesus.

This happened yesterday and basically I know this guy named Humberto. He is a homeless dude that's fallen under some serious attack. He lost his job, lost his daughter to death to leukemia, and grandmother all in the past several months. He's committed suicide. literally. but is only alive by a miracle. and still he is going through an incredibly hard time. he went to the hospital last week by knocking out a police officer because an illegal citizen can't get admitted into the hospital without papers very easily, but can if a cop brings him in there. and he came out two days ago.

i had bought him a portuguese bible several weeks ago since he's brazillian. he came over to our house to just hang out yesterday and told us that he wanted to read his bible now that he has it with him but someone stole his glasses at the hospital, so he couldn't even read the bible because of poor eyesight. He was discouraged by all the "bad luck" (attack) he was coming across.

I was moved with compassion and decided I wanted to pray for a healing of his eyes. This is where faith and risk come in. So I asked him in front of others if i could pray for his eyes so that he could see clearly. I did the first time. He started yelling at me saying, "What did you do!" because..... it was way worse!! haha.

but that's not the loving, faithful God I know. so i prayed again :)

it got a little better.

i prayed one more time. it got a little better.

and then one of my brothers came along and decided to pray for him too. He took the portuguese bible and lifted it in front of Humberto's eyes and figured out the distance where it was blurry for him. then told him to close his eyes, we prayed for him. he opened his eyes and it was much better. and once more we asked him to do this, and the next time he opened his eyes. We asked him if he could see, and his reply was, "I can beeepin see!"

YAY!

God is above all circumstances. What may be impossible with man is possible with God!

One thing that I wanted to point out is that it was not when I was praying for Humberto alone that he was healed but it was when my brother came and prayed that he was healed. One certain man or woman must not receive the glory, but when we come together in unity we automatically create a body that gives all glory to JESUS! He is the healer! He is the only one worthy!

Whoa that was a lot longer than expected, but hope you were blessed and encouraged.

Love you guys

1 comment: